Overall privacy statement
We take your privacy seriously. Because we gather certain types of information
about our users we want to help you understand the terms and conditions
surrounding the collection and use of that information. This privacy statement
discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct
or change it. These privacy practices apply to the Web site that you were
viewing when you clicked through to this policy, which is operated by us
1. What information do we collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the
best and most useful content and services.
We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us or
when you purchase items from our online store. Once you register with our site
you are no longer anonymous to us. We may also receive information about you
from other sources and add it to the information you provided to us.
2. What is our practice regarding cookies?
Your Internet browser has a feature called "cookies" which stores
small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any web site. You do
not need to have cookies turned on to visit most of our site, although
purchasing items from areas of our site may require cookies. Cookies alone tell
us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally
identifiable information. You may elect not to allow cookies to be collected by
adjusting your settings on your browser.
- Saving your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit
our online store.
3. How do we use the information?
We use the information we gather:
4. How do we share the information
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as
sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in paid
services, polls, contests.
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will
be of interest to you.
Personally identifiable information
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other
companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information.
- We have engaged companies to work with us or on our behalf to provide a
product or service that you have requested.
- You use co-branded services. When you use a co-branded service within our
site you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to
that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their
applicable privacy policies.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process; or we believe
that your actions violate applicable laws, or any usage guidelines for
specific products or services, or threaten the rights, property, or safety
of our company, our users, or others.
5. What are my options?
Users who would rather not provide any of user data to our site, may do
so. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services.
We also give users the following options:
6. How can I update my personally identifiable information?
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties
when filling in the "log book". Users who opt-in may remove
themselves from mailing lists at any time. Email; Marinemechanic.com
You can correct or change the information collected during registration. Users
may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Go to our log
book. Users who are experiencing problems with our services or who have
questions about how our services work can contact us using e-mail address at marinemechanic.com. Currently, we do not offer users a means by which to
completely delete personal information established at the time of registration.